What is your Vision?
We are a leading partner in the Urban Oasis Movement. by providing reliable high value awning cleaning services, we maximize the beauty and function of shade structures in public spaces contributing and enhancing safe havens in an otherwise concrete dominated landscape.
What is your mission?
Awn-Guard’s mission is to foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement. By searching for ways to improve processes and services, we are striving to improve the customer experience.
What are your hours?
Our office is typically staffed from 9-4:30, although you are welcome to email us or fill out our online contact form at any time. Accommodations are made to minimize our impact on normal business operations for our business customers. That means we schedule work after hours for businesses and weekday mornings for Apartment Management and Home Owner Association clients.
Do you only work with commercial clients?
Awn-Guard specializes in working with the commercial sector. Included in this are any properties run with professional property management including HOA’s and apartment complexes. See the full list on our industries page.
Recurring Services FAQs
What are recurring services?
Recurring services include awning cleaning, pressure washing of sidewalks & building facades and window washing services. We know how important it is to look your best, put your best foot forward. Awn-Guard is committed to serving commercial spaces with cleaning for store fronts and public spaces. Let’s enhance all the Urban Oasis’ in our community!
How often should I clean my awnings?
Most awning warranties require regular cleaning. For high traffic or coastal locations we recommend service monthly or every other month. For most other locations quarterly service is suggested.
How Does Awn-Guard Clean Awnings?
Our Awning Cleaning Guarantee:
- For regular cleaning we use only a gentle, hand cleaning process.
- We use only manufacturer approved cleaners and protectants
- We extend the useable life of awning fabric by removing embedded soil, grime, mold and pollution which can weaken fabric
- We leave your awning areas rinsed and free from residual dirt after service
- We squeegee excess water off of adjacent window glass
What causes mold on awnings?
Usually mold is a problem when several conditions persist.
- Mold grows on dirt – if awnings are not cleaned often enough, this lays the groundwork for a mold issue.
- Mold loves moisture. Coastal properties tend to have more mold/ also, awnings oriented either north facing or with greater shade can develop an issue.
- Once mildew /mold has a foothold, it is always a battle to control it because it grows into the weave of the fabric – this is why there is often staining.
- Finally, there is no way to 100% eliminate mold growing; after all, awnings are mounted in an exterior setting. We recommend a regular cleaning schedule to help mitigate this natural process.
What causes awning wear?
The top three causes are
- Use of pressure washer machine on awnings – Awning fabric is not designed to withstand high pressure water.
- Improper chemicals / detergents / degreasers / solvents – Only manufacturer recommended cleaning agents and protectants should be used.
- Lack of cleaning.
Awning Manufacturing FAQs
Do you help with awning recovers?
One of our specialties is recovering existing frames. We want to make sure the life of your awning is maximized and awning recovery is a great way to revitalize your property.
What is the best awning color to pick?
This is another in-depth article we have written, but we’ll give you a short version here.
- Blues & Greens: The best over time, retaining the original color and staying stain-free better than other colors.
- Black: Another solid choice, however on occasion can look linty especially in spring with high concentrations of airborne pollens and dust in the air.
- Reds: Handle visible stains fine, but are prone to fading from UV damage.
- White, Yellow, Tan, and other light colors: Are prone to channel streaks and visible stains.
- If any of these are part of your business’s branding or overall design, we can only advise on planning more frequent maintenance to keep the colors stain free and bright.
What fabric is the right fabric?
- Restaurants: Due to fire and building codes, you can only consider fabrics that are fire retardant
- Sunbrella Firesist
- Back Lit Signs: Consider vinyl fabrics like Cooley Brite for shade and protection from the elements.
- Standard Entrance / Window Awning: The most common option is Sunbrella which comes in many colors and fabrics.
If you have any specific fabric you have questions about, please feel free to ask us.
Do you make custom awnings?
Yes! We work closely with our clients to determine the right design to add to their property. We can help connect you with a reputable awning manufacturer with whom we have been working with for years.
Are you interested in seeing what we can do for you with our awning assessment services? Please fill out our form and we will reach out to you shortly.